An easy alternative to pumping out French Toast one slice at a time and sure to please any sweet tooth. This everything-in-the-pot Campfire French Toast Casserole is super easy!
- 1 Large Loaf French Bread or Challah Bread, Diced into 3/4 inch Cubes
- 8 Eggs
- 3 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- For Topping: Either Pancake Syrup or your favorite Ready-Made Whipped Frosting!
- Add Cubed Bread to unheated Cast Iron Dutch Oven and spread evenly
- In a separate bowl, combine and whisk together Eggs, Milk, Sugar, Vanilla, Cinnamon and Salt
- Dump Egg Mixture over Bread, mixing lightly to coat all of the bread.
- On top of mixture, spread butter in thin slices or small dollops evenly throughout and Close the lid
- Allow the mixture to sit for at least 15 Minutes (not adding any heat yet) to allow the bread to soak up the egg mixture
- With lid closed, add coals to achieve a temperature of 350F Degrees and bake for 40-50 Minutes until Egg mixture is cooked through
- Remove from heat and serve with pancake syrup or frosting